WD® Custom Pickguards Instructions for Tracings and Ordering
Ordering your WD® Custom Pickguard can be a seemingly daunting task without knowing where to start. If you are looking for a pickguard template that is not available on our website you can start by sending in a tracing of your existing pickguard according to the instructions below. If you are looking to modify a standard WD® Custom Pickguard, you may not need to send in a tracing at all, just speak to a master craftsman for specific instructions based on your application.
If you have any questions at all or you're having trouble deciding which model you need to start with before you begin your custom modifications, don't hesitate to speak with one of our master craftsmen directly via email at email@example.com, or via phone at 800.449.9348 ext#112. Please note, our pickguard offices are open Mon-Fri 9-5 EST, all messages received after business hours will be replied to in the order they are received the following business day.
- Please use only a clean, sharp-pointed writing instrument such as a pencil, pen, or fine tip roller pen.(Do not use magic markers or anything with a wide tip)
- Please trace carefully, top side up, on a piece of paper (Standard printer/copier paper is recommended. You may tape two pieces of paper together for oversized guards. (Please do not use napkins, tracing paper, corrugated cardboard, etc.) Faxes and photocopies are not acceptable.
- Please do not cut out the tracing once completed. Be sure to trace everything cut into the pickguard. (Pickup holes, switch slots, potentiometer holes, mounting screw holes and pickup height adjustment screw holes). If you are deleting, relocating or changing electronics on the pickguard, place them in the positions required. Pickup changes must show exact locations, dimensions and manufacturer.
- Please do not send a box with your tracing. You may fold the paper and mail it in a standard business envelope.
- Please include with your tracing two forms of contact information. (Your email and a day/night phone number)
When ordering standard templates you will need to replace the model number's double zeros with the two or three digit material number to the end of the pickguard model number. For example, an ST-200 model pickguard in material #01, solid black, would be ordered as ST-201. For a full list of materials, please click here.
Please note: Your custom guard can only be as good as your tracing, so take your time and follow the above instructions, as custom pickguards (non-standard templates) are non-returnable. Please remember to indicate the color of the pickguard that you’re requesting and provide contact information for yourself so that we may notify you of the cost of your custom guard.
Please Send Tracings To:
WD® Music Products, Inc.
17570 N. Tamiami Trail Suite 1
North Fort Myers, FL 33903